Wednesday, December 31, 2014

11:59:59

On Monday, my phone died. And I don't mean my battery had to be recharged—my phone died, shutting itself off for no reason when it had plenty of battery life left, and refusing to turn back on or respond to anything I did to it for the rest of the day. Somehow, the next morning, it came back to life; it's old and the screen has been cracked for a long time, plus I don't have a cover for it but I do drop it constantly, so this bizarre behavior is not necessarily unprecedented or unfounded. The point is, I spent all of Monday night phone-less. At first it made me anxious and tense, but it ended up being kind of nice to be forced to look at something other than my phone screen all night. It also prompted me to get some comic-related reading and writing done, more than I had planned to do that day, which is exceedingly rare. What I'm getting at is that for this New Year's Eve, the closest thing I'm making to a resolution is to try and put my phone away more often, like literally leave it in another room and pretend it doesn't exist. I want to do it every day for at least a few hours, and/or maybe all day Sunday or something like that. And I want to use that time to focus on comics in a more concentrated way than I have of late. I keep letting myself get distracted by other stuff, and games on my phone are a HUGE part of that, so enough is enough. Hopefully by publishing this half-baked plan on my blog, I'll be more likely to actually stick to it. Time will tell, as it always does. Happy New Year y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment